Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Week 33. Blargh

'Blargh' because everything I eat seems to be giving me either heartburn or nausea. Makes me not want to eat. BUT, I am also starving, lol. So I am eating - small portions, throughout the day, as is required by my tightly compressed stomach. Baby seems to have a very high need for food. So does mama.

So last week, Cathy came over, and ran out of gas on her way up the hill. Fortunately, Becky - one of her students - was with her as well. Everything still totally in 'normal' range, and belly was measuring a bit smaller, i.e., closer to 'normal,' so that was nice. I kind of freaked myself out doing google searches on the topic of excess amniotic fluid and such. Like everything in pregnancy, there is a huge range of 'normal' so more than likely, nothing means a darn thing except that in regard to fundal measurement I am on the high end of normal. There is definitely plenty out there to scare yourself with, though, if you want to worry. About anything.

So much for blogging goals and having them accomplished ;) I did manage to get quite a few scrapbook layouts done, Halloween costumes are almost ready (need to run Gabe to the store tonight & find my black shirt), and I did take my iron every day. I seriously doubt my protein intake has changed a bit, and I didn't get the baby wipes made. Maybe this week. Or maybe when my mama gets here in a few weeks for Thanksgiving.

It feels really crazy that tomorrow is Halloween. First, it's pretty warm outside (high tomorrow around 75!). Second, it sort of snuck up on me. And third, it's one of those milestone dates that brings me pretty darn close to having a baby, so the fact that it is basically here is, well, kind of nuts. I'm excited to be big & pregnant on Halloween, in some respects. I've never had a big belly for a costume, so that part is really fun (I'll post some pictures next week). However, I also enjoy taking the kids out, and this year I will be staying home, since I can barely walk across a room without getting exhausted, much less all over a couple of neighborhoods. We carved pumpkins last week, and it has been a comedy of errors around here - half of them have rotted (like the fuzzy, leaky, squishy stage) already, and the deer keep dragging the rest of them off the porch to nibble at night. At least it was a fun activity! Oh, and the pumpkin seeds I roasted have been delicious.

Soccer season is wrapping up - Athan's last game was Saturday, Gabe's is this weekend. Sitting on the field with Athan's team I thought to myself 'Next time he plays a game I'll have a baby with me!' That was a sweet thought :) Gabe has try-outs for his winter indoor season today, so technically his season isn't wrapping up so much as merging into the next season. It does feel good to know that rather than 3 practices & 3 games a week, we will be down to 1 practice, 1 game. And they are all indoors. With places to sit and everything! This pregnant mama appreciates that more than you can imagine.

Baby is knocking on my ribs again, so I am going to get some more food. Next week: thanksgiving preparations. Oh My.

No comments:

Post a Comment