Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Week 32

10...9....8..... Yup, still feeling like a shuttle countdown ;). 8ish weeks to go. Major number of 'big events' about to start to fill that time. Baby has dropped lower, and I'm waddling like a duck. Oh, and most of my maternity shirts are too small now. Yeah. With 2 months to go...

I took a look back at last week's post, and realized I had accomplished all of the goals I had for the week: I got some more sleep, ordered the belly casting kit, got a bunch of scrapbook layouts done, and made a list of people to invite to the shower/blessing. It's rare for me to finish 50% of what's on a list these days, so I am feeling pretty proud of myself at the moment! I should probably put another list like that on this week's blog. Hmmm... OK this week's goals: to take my iron every day, eat more protein, get Halloween costumes finished, do at least 10 more scrapbook layouts, and make the baby wipes (I use little flannel wipes with a home-made solution, much better for baby's skin, and cheaper than store-bought wipes). Alright, let's see how that goes!

In a couple of weeks, I will be doing a maternity photo shoot with Ginger - owner of earthside photography - and sister of my friend Candace. She does BEAUTIFUL work, and will be here for the birth as well (and doing some newborn shots a few days after the birth). I was having a low day a few days back, and after spending some time cheering myself up on cake wrecks (a site guaranteed to make me pee my pants laughing), I headed over to Awkward Family Photos to laugh at some badly done pregnancy photos. I decided to consider it 'research' for our maternity shoot - in a 'what-not-to-do' kind of way. Like this one:

Yeah, pretty sure we won't be doing anything like that. Because one, ew. And two, she has pants on, people, what are you expecting to see? And three, WTF? Anyway, if you need a good laugh, both of those sites are a whole lotta fun. And I promise my maternity shoots will NOT make those pages, with Ginger at the helm (especially the pages of cake wrecks, because that makes absolutely no sense)!

Anyway, it's an appointment week again - every 2 weeks with the midwife now - so I will have another 'still measuring huge' update for next week, I'm sure. In the meantime, enjoy the funny photos of other pregnant people, I'm going to eat some warm pot pie, take my iron, and do some scrap-booking.

No comments:

Post a Comment