Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Week 24 +1

Hi everyone! It's week 24 over here (plus a day, 'cause I missed my blogging day yesterday). For some reason 24 feels good - I don't know why, it just feels like some sort of milestone for something.

The big news here is that school is starting next week, I am taking my boys on a road trip tomorrow morning for brother Jer's wedding, my doctoral session starts pretty much now, and I'm sure there are about 50 things of a more minor nature that I could list as well. Like the fact that there are so many veggies coming in, Jordan or I has been canning basically every day. Or that there are so many soccer games & practices between now and the end of October that I am not certain I can even count that high. Or that I get to go play at Sego Lily School starting Tuesday, which is something I have really missed this summer. Etc.

For me, this is all 'big news' because I have said about a jillion times that I know that once fall hits, time in this pregnancy is going to FLY. There is SO MUCH going on between now & when this baby arrives, I can't imagine having a moment to be bored or anxious or counting the days (not that I would ever have an exact number of days to count anyway, but you get the idea). Now that it's really here (the marathon starts in about 14 hours), I'm both happy/excited, and sad/mourning. Happy/excited because these are all things I have been looking forward to. Sad/mourning because honestly, this is my last pregnancy and while of course I cannot wait to meet this baby, I also am cherishing these pregnant moments and I don't really want them to end. Note to friends and family: please remember to quote me on this around week 38/39 when I am way more interested in giving birth NOW.

The other news of note is that we started our birth class last week. Nothing much to report, the leader is cute (though I am much well versed in the material than she seemed to be, but that might be her nervousness, who knows). They did one of those exercises with a backpack filled with stuff to represent the baby, extra fat, amniotic fluid, etc, it weighed about 35 pounds total, and each of the dads wore it for awhile. It made a big impact on Joe - he said it was sitting on his bladder the whole time, lol, so he understood kind of what it must be like for me. I appreciate that he really let that in - it feels like he's been sweeter to me this week as a result :). Of course that might be my imagination. We have class again tonight. It's hard for me to keep my mouth shut while I'm there - I only added things about 40% of the time last week. I'm aiming for 25% this time. We shall see.

Wish me luck - lots of driving ahead this weekend (about 10 hours each way, and I'm the only adult). I almost wish Corbin was 2 years older and had a learner's permit, though I don't know if I could handle him driving on highways at 75 MPH. Actually just typing all of that made me realize that I DO NOT actually wish he was 2 years older. Forget I even said that....

No comments:

Post a Comment