Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Week 18 (plus one day). The weeks seem to be flying by now - having such a busy summer sure helps. It also makes me a bit nervous - when am I actually going to have time to get ready for this baby??? Maybe the month of October. Yeah, that sounds good...

 I'm apparently carrying a sweet-potato sized baby in a cantelope sized uterus. Guess that's why I am definitely looking pregnant these days!

I'm in Texas this week for "Sistah's Week" - the annual trip for the women on my mom's side of the family. This year there are only three of us - me, mom, and my aunt Mary. The rest of you suck (Just kidding, but you are truly missed!). Next year, no excuses - we are inviting spouses & kids. Probably need to rent a second house, our place - the Two Palms - only has 3 bedrooms. I could fill those myself, depending on who comes along! But since I am definitely bringing a baby, we figured hey, let's make it a bigger gathering. It will still be Sistah's Week, lots of estrogen & wine, but I'm sure it will be a blast!

We took some really great belly photos on the bay & the gulf beaches. Unfortunately I have no way to get them off my camera until I return home, so you will have to wait to see them. Some of them are really fun & artistic - belly shadows in the sunset kind of thing. Very fun :)

Not much to report on the pregnancy front - I am still finding myself needing lots of sleep (I see another nap in my future this afternoon). I would spend all day being still, sleeping, watching movies if I could. Of course I probably could only stand that for a day or so. Especially at home, where there is so much to do. It's easier here on vacation, though we have done plenty of running around. At least I don't feel the need to get up and clean every 5 minutes. My mommy even did my laundry ;)

As much as I am enjoying my trip I am looking forward to getting home to my family tomorrow. I miss Athan's constant kisses on my belly :) I really hope the house isn't completely destroyed....

No comments:

Post a Comment