Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Week 16
Wow, week 15 turned out to be an eventful one (see last week's mid-week post re: the Rose Crest Fire). Here's hoping week 16 is much calmer!

So far, the highlight of week 15 was hearing baby's heartbeat :) Cathy (our midwife) came out on Monday to do a quick prenatal visit- everything checked out fine (BP, urinalysis, fundal height, etc). I had quite the audience for the heartbeat listening - all 10 kids who were home, plus Craig, Jordan, and even Alyssa came over. Joe was working and couldn't be there, but we made a recording for him. It took a couple of minutes to find baby - s/he had gotten up as high as possible, while we were looking down low. It was such a relief to hear a good, strong heartbeat, especially after going through the stress of the fire & evacuation. Everyone cheered, which was super sweet.

It's hard to believe we are already 4+ months into this pregnancy. My next home visit with Cathy will be in the first week of September (I will see her July 31, just not at home). By then I will be almost into my third trimester (or there already!). Time seems to be moving VERY quickly - I remember being pregnant with Corbin, and feeling like July would NEVER come. This time I'm worried about being ready by December! I'm trying to savor every moment, knowing that this is my last pregnancy and my last baby, but the clock still seems to be ticking twice as fast as normal.

On the health front, I have managed to clear up some of my allergies, so my diet is expanding, thank goodness. I can now eat fish & shellfish again, fruit, eggs, onions, garlic. Still no meat variety beyond chicken, and more things to deal with later, but at least my trip to Texas in a couple weeks will involve gulf shrimp & blue crab! It turned out that the combination of fruit & grain was one of the big culprits causing my skin break-outs, so we cleared that up as well. I'm looking forward to real mayonaisse! I'm sorry but the vegan stuff tastes like crap. And I love my Mayo.

The other significant physical thing is that my weight has shifted - I've started waddling a bit lol - and my back has started paying the price. I'm trying to remember to wear shoes with a but of a heel (they shift my weight back to a more normal balance), and that helps. The flip-flops, as cool & comfy as they are, need to be forgotten. Sad, as I love my summer flip-flops.

I'm looking forward to a weekend in Vegas with my brother, even though he will be working a lot & won't get to hang out with us too much. I'm taking Athan & Gabe, mostly we will be hanging in Jeremy's pool, with an excursion or two. Quick trip, but I'm excited for the break.

Happy 4th everyone - be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment