Thursday, May 17, 2012

Week 9. I'm thinking accupuncture every week is going to be essential - I tried skipping a week & let's just say it isn't going well. Fortunately I have an appointment today at 3pm.



The biggest news - besides the fact that I made it through my back-to-back trips without throwing up on a plane - is that I met with the midwife I want to use and she is absolutely wonderful. I wanted someone who is willing to be as hands-off as I want them to be. She is also willing to forgo any tests that I don't want (no required anything except a basic blood draw), lives close to me, and does ALL the prenatal visits in your home. She also has a flat fee, no surprises. But most importantly, we talked birth philosophy for most of the visit, and she is a real fit for me.

I was thinking about the birth (anything to keep my mind off of the nausea!), and in particular was worried about the busy-ness of our house - how on earth am I going to get some peace & quiet with 6-12 kids running around? Craig & I were discussing it, and that's when the idea of the Yurt came up. It's private, quiet, warm (with the stove burning), and sacred. I already feel more settled with the whole idea of how this birth will play out.

At this point most of the family knows - Mom, Dad, the brothers, and of course all of the kids here. Joe's kids I am sure will find out this weekend (they are scheduled to be here, anyway). The Sego community knows - that took about 2 hours for the news to spread. And of course now that I have made this blog public, it's out there in most of my communities as well. I have two other friends who confessed their pregnancies to me (hadn't told their families yet) - one local & one long-distance. All of us have kids, are a bit older, and haven't been pregnant for awhile. I smell a support group forming ;)

Each day, I cross my fingers that in a few more weeks this stage will have passed, and I will be able to eat normally - and more important more healthy! - than I have been able to. I had planned to get my study interviews done while pregnant, and honestly if this exhaustion & nausea don't end soon I am going to have to re-think my time-line. Which means taking on more debt in student loans, argh... So let's all just create that this is normal first trimester yuckiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment