Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Week 10. That's a quarter of the way through already. Man, time is flying. I need to start taking belly pictures every week - since I already look 4-5 months pregnant, they should be interesting to see already. For those of you who don't live nearby, and haven't had the privilege of watching me waddle around already, it's crazy. At least a little bit of it is actually uterus now, not just bloating and weight gain from the crazy morning sickness diet.

 What's up with the fruit comparisons for baby size? This week the fetus (yes it's now officially a fetus and no longer an embryo, as all of the organs have formed) is the size of a prune, strawberry, or kumquat depending on the source you are reading. Maybe it's linked to the phrase 'she's so cute I want to eat her up,' but honestly there is nothing appetizing about eating a fetus. I mean, ew..... And for the record, each of these images I have been posting weekly are actual development correlated to the length of my pregnancy. FUN :)



A couple of people have already asked why I am choosing to use a midwife this pregnancy & birth (last time, with Athan, I used my chiropractor & massage therapist for prenatal support, and planned to birth unassissted until bleeding sent me to the hospital). The bottom line is, my partner isn't OK with it - he's nervous, worried, and in his own words, would have no clue if something wasn't going right. Which means he wouldn't be as available to me as I need him to be when the time comes - I need him there protecting me & the space, being my rock & support, not worrying that something bad is about to happen on his watch. And, since I found a midwife who is willing to be pretty hands-off and let me say what support I need/want, I figure I can get a lot of space while still honoring my partner. Good balance.

Honestly, I don't have a whole lot to say this week. My hormones have been crazy - I'm crying at everything, feeling exhausted & overwhelmed by tiny little things. I need a massage, but have been getting out to the hot tub every day instead (don't worry, we keep the temp relatively low, no boiled baby). I want to eat nourishing foods but can't keep most of them down yet. I want to take long walks but have no energy for them. I'm using the FlyLady trick of doing things in 15 minute intervals - cleaning up for 15 minutes, etc, so I am getting a few of the essential things done. I am asking for help more, and letting others do more (thanks to Jordan for making so many extra dinners lately!). Mostly I want to sleep. And I wouldn't trade any of this for anything - this too shall pass, as they say, and before long I'll be posting birth stories, and then graduation photos. Maybe a few things in between ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment