Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I figured this week might be a good time to go public. I was planning to wait for another 3-4 weeks, you know the standard 'tell people at the end of the first trimester' logic, but at this point I am worried there are a few people who might be concerned that I am dying of cancer or some other similar ailment. Since I can't say to anyone that I'm feeling better, I'll just make my announcement now.
So, if that crypticness and the name of this blog haven't revealed the announcement for you, here goes, in all caps just to be sure:

I AM PREGNANT. Eight weeks at this point, which isn't very many weeks, but after now having 4 weeks of constant nausea, exhaustion, and fuzzy-brain, as I said, there are some people who are starting to worry. So if you are one of those folks, don't worry. And if you are not one of those folks, for whatever reason, you got let in on the big secret anyway. Yay!



I'm unlocking the previous weeks of this blog that I have been keeping if you feel like knowing how the journey has been so far. And I plan to post every week with updates and (eventually) belly photos. Speaking of those, CUZ - I expect you to take many cool shots at the beach this summer :) Fortunately I get big FAST, so even though I'll only be about 5 months along, there will be plenty of belly to photograph. (For those who don't know, my cousin Corynn is an AMAZING photographer!)

The big update for this week is that I told Gabe (10) last night, and will be telling Corbin (12) today and Athan (5) tonight. I was really surprised at Gabe's reaction. Awhile back he had made some comments about how he would kill himself if there was another kid in the house (not to worry, Gabe is my actor and loves to dramatize everything). He was actually excited, congratulated me, and was fascinated by the facts like the baby being the size of a blueberry. Of course now we are up to a raspberry, but still - the fruit comparison was cool, he thought.

I've had to buy some maternity clothes, as the constant eating & throwing up has caused me to gain some weight and it makes no sense to just go buy pants a size bigger. But they are more comfortable anyway, and I am going to REALLY need them eventually, so I guess it all works out anyway.

That's about it - I'm not going to moan about the nausea this week, though it's still very much there. I am worried about my travel this weekend - I have a hard time on airplanes, and am notorious for puking on flights when I am pregnant. Making 6 flights in 5 days is more than likely NOT going to be fun. I am looking forward to celebrating my dad's 65th birthday, and of course going to Fairhaven School in DC for their thesis committee is a big honor and I LOVE those trips. Just gotta keep extra bags, extra shirts, and keep my hair pulled back I guess...

Love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment