Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Week 12! First of all, thank you to those couple of you who sort of freaked out when I didn't post on Tuesday - it was really sweet that a) you noticed that Tuesdays are my 'new week' day, when I usually post, and b) you were worried. Be assured, everything is perfectly fine, I've just been a little busy with summer starting over here!



Last week at accupuncture I discovered I currently have a wheat allergy. Pregnancy induced, I am hoping. It totally changed what I have been eating - what I have needed it a bunch of carbs to soak up the stomach acids and reduce the nausea. Most of what I have been eating & craving is now off limits, though I have been doing a ton of gluten-free baking, so I haven't had to go completely without my comfort foods. It's been tough though, as I still spend about 1/3 of my time needing to eat whatever pops into my mind (since anything else will make me sick). The good news is that my digestion has improved a ton; the bad news is that my skin has not cleared up at all (which was the original reason I was getting tested for allergies). Apparently there are other culprits, hopefully my diet won't get too limited for the time being. I might have to just say 'whatever' to some of the allergies to keep myself fed for the next few weeks at least.

I keep waiting for that second trimester energy to show up. Monday Joe & I walked to the mailbox & back and I thought I was going to die... Of course it is about a 3/4 mile round-trip, maybe more, and uphill the whole way back. It was HOT on Monday, too, but mostly it was just a matter of all that extra pregnancy blood volume, and the exhaustion & dizziness that comes along with it. I felt pretty good going down, but coming up was tough. I have had more energy overall though, I guess, what with all the baking & ice cream making & laundry doing. I washed all of the baby stuff I have - this baby will have warm feet & diapers, but currently not much else lol. I have diapers, socks, and 4 onsies (3 long sleeve, 1 short). Oh, and I have 3 slings, so he/she will be carried in style. I'm thinking some clothes might be in order at some point....

Athan loves to ask me every day 'how big is the baby now?' He is excited to hear when I have a new answer, and loves the whole fruit comparison. This week, we are plum sized, and he thought that was fun because 'plums taste a lot better than limes.' He is so sweet, he sees things all the time that he thinks we need when we have the baby - especially Halloween costumes. I was looking for summer craft/science ideas for the kids on Pinterest and he was sitting with me, every baby picture he saw he would make a comment about how we needed to make that/get that/do that with the new baby. He is truly excited about becoming a big brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment